COVID-19 Information for Parents
Updated August 16, 2022
Baird ISD will continue to implement the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control. The latest update to the guidelines was published on August 11, 2022. Under these guidelines, Baird ISD will implement the following protocols for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
- The district will not require students or staff to wear masks. If a student or staff person wishes to wear a mask, that personal decision will be honored and respected.
- The district will not engage in contract tracing.
- The district will not enforce social distancing among the students or staff.
- The district recommends that students and staff follow the recommendations of their health care providers regarding vaccinations, but will not require vaccinations of students, staff, or visitors. No staff member will inquire about vaccination stautus unless required by law.
- Students and staff who have the symptoms of COVID-19 should stay at home until symptom free.
- If a student or staff member tests positve for COVID-19, CDC guidelines recommend a 5-day isolation period, After a positive test followed by 5 days of isolation, the student or staff member may return to school if symptom free. The CDC recommends wearing a mask for an additional 5 days or until receiving a negative result of a COVID test.
As a result of these changes in guidance, the district will no longer have any restrictions on visitors to campus. If you wish to visit campus, please call ahead for an appointment or stop by the campus office to receive a visitor permit.
Please note that you should notify the district nurse, Marilu Hall (email@example.com) of any positive COVID-19 test. The district is still required to report all positive COVID-19 tests to the Texas Education Agency and health authorities.